Good news! Now you can enjoy Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha at home anytime, without having to pay $5 for each cup.
Here is how to prepare this wonderfully chocolatey brew.
What Is a White Chocolate Mocha?
A white chocolate mocha is a type of coffee beverage that is made with espresso, steamed milk, and white chocolate syrup (aka mocha syrup). It is usually topped with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings if you’re lucky. The white chocolate syrup gives the drink a sweet, creamy flavor, so you don’t need to put any extra sweeteners into it.
The White Chocolate Mocha is one of Starbucks’ original recipes. It has been on the menu for ages and people keep coming back to it, time and time again.
Its staple is the white mocha sauce, which they also sell online. I’ll teach you how to make it at home, though.
What Do You Need to Make White Chocolate Mocha?
There are a few ingredients that you will need to make this Starbucks white chocolate mocha latte copycat recipe.
- Milk is the unsung hero of the white chocolate mocha latte. It gives a creamy base for all the other flavors to shine and adds that velvety feeling to your mouth. Dairy-free alternatives like coconut or oat milk can be used, but they make the beverage taste different.
- The white chocolate (which can be in the form of chips or syrup) brings sweetness and complexity with its subtle floral notes. It is not overly sweet but adds enough to round out any bitterness from espresso beans and create something magical in each sip.
- Espresso / Strong Coffee: Espresso made from freshly ground coffee beans beats like a strong heart at the center of every good latte. It provides richness, depth, and intensity that you can’t replicate with instant coffee.
If you don’t have an espresso maker at home, you can also use other types of espresso-like brews.
- Whipped Cream (optional): Last but not least, there’s whipped cream – the cherry on top, so to speak. If you opt for it, the sweet whipped cream adds an extra layer of decadence to this delicious beverage.
How to Make a White Chocolate Mocha?
There are 3 main parts to this sweet treat, each deserves an explanation. You’ll find the details under the recipe card.
When it comes to making a latte of any type, I’m all about using the best ingredients. That’s why when it comes time to make this coffee drink, I opt for freshly brewed espresso.
You can also use other alternative espresso-like brews, as long as the coffee is strong. Not only does this help enhance and complement that irresistibly rich white chocolate flavor, but also adds an extra boost of caffeine which I need at any given part of the day.
You could use instant coffee as well, but why would you? Making strong
Homemade White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Making white chocolate mocha sauce is not hard, and it always gives me the added satisfaction of knowing exactly what I put into the coffee.
You will need the following:
- White chocolate
- Heavy cream
- 2 percent milk
- Chop the white chocolate and pour it into a heat-proof bowl.
- Get a saucepan and combine the cream and 2 percent milk on medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Now you need to pour the simmering liquid over the white chocolate chips in the bowl, and let it sit for a while. You can help soften the chocolate chips in advance by melting it in the oven for 20 seconds.
- Once you see the chocolate softening up, start stirring until the mixture develops a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Let it cool, and then place it into the fridge to store for later. You can make a larger batch, and use it for 1-2 weeks. The milk can spoil, but it’s never lasted that long in my fridge.
- Once it chills, your homemade white chocolate mocha sauce will rival Starbucks. Not an exaggeration.
Frothed or steamed milk
If you have an espresso machine, steam milk to a velvety texture.
You can also simply froth warm milk, which works perfectly well here, and it’s a lot easier.
And the final step in making your mocha latte is combining everything in a specific order.
Just like the normal mocha recipe, you start by adding your white chocolate mocha syrup to your cup, followed by steamed milk.
Pour your espresso shot into the cup, and finally, top it all off with some whipped cream if you like.
What Kind of Cup Should the White Chocolate Mocha Be Served In?
There is no wrong answer here. You can serve the drink in a latte style mug as I do, which makes it nice and cozy. You can also grab a tall glass coffee mug, it’s up to you.
Tips to Make a Perfect Blend
When you go to Starbucks, you can alter it in many ways. Making white chocolate mocha at home also gives you this liberty.
You can do whatever you want to make this drink your own, here are some tips:
- You can adjust the amount of coffee and milk based on how strong you would want the flavor of the coffee to be.
- Use dairy and non-dairy options when it comes to milk. Adding condensed milk or 2 percent milk is optional.
- Add a little chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, raspberry, and even pumpkin spice to the drink to give it an extra kick.
- White chocolate shavings are a luxurious extra for the best of the best.
- Add sugar or caramel to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know how to create the magical blend and save some $5 bills you would otherwise pay to Starbucks, get brewing and put the money to good use.
And please, let me know how it went in a comment below.