We’ve selected and categorized by the best coffee makers for you to add to your counter-top, your drawer, or your daily routine. Whether you’re out in the woods or in charge of the morning routine, you need a coffee maker that works best for you.
- $ ($0-30)
- $$ ($35-75)
- $$$ ( >$80)
- $$$$ (>$150)
Table of Contents
Best All-Around Coffee Maker:
Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker
- BRAND: Bonavita
- PROS: Simple, Stainless Steel, BPA-free plastic, one-touch one/off, temperature regulation, easy to clean, 8-cup, inexpensive, durable, no paper filters necessary – that’s why we think it’s one of the best coffee makers available
- CONS: Basic, not terribly sexy, drip coffee only from this coffee maker
Best for Espresso Enthusiasts:
- BRAND: BREVILLE
- PROS: Well-reviewed. 1600W. Sensor-controlled grinding and temperature. Professional Quality parts. It’s amazing how much you end up spending at your local coffee shop when you start to account for your habits.
- CONS: Espresso machines have a lot of moving parts (literally) so there’s a bit of maintenance involved.
- WHY IT SETS ITSELF APART: This is the closest you can get to a commercial machine that is still designed for your home.
Best Looking Coffee Maker:
- PROS: Cool looking, durable, no filter to clean, temperature regulation, comes with its own cleaning tools, all glass/stainless steel – no plastics.
- CONS: Pricey
Most Versatile Coffee Maker:
- BRAND: NINJA
- PROS: Hot AND Cold Brewing. Perfect for the year-round coffee drinker. Separate baskets for coffee and tea. Settings for different sizes and temperatures. You can brew a single cup, into your favorite travel mug or a full carafe!
- CONS: It’s not tiny.
Best Value Coffee Maker:
- Brand: OXO
- PROS: Looks great; Insulated Glass, Cork Cozy, Easy to clean
- CONS: It requires paper filters (don’t run out!) It could break on marble countertops.
Best Craft Coffee Maker
- BRAND: Technivorm – Handmade $$$$
- PROS: 5 yr Manufacturers Warranty. No pumps. Copper heating element. Brews 40oz in 5 minutes. Available in many colors.
- CONS: Not cheap.
Best Coffee Maker for Cold Brew:
- BRAND: OXO
- PROS: You can fill any vessel you’d like, easy to clean water reservoir. 32 oz is enough to be worth the relatively long brewing time.
- CONS: Design is a little awkward. Single-purpose. Paper Filters can run out and will need to be restocked.
- Check out our Cold Brew Blog
Best Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- Brand: Cuisinart
- PROS: All in one, high quality grind and brew system helps keep your beans fresh, gives you the perfect amount of ground coffee and lets you program to meet your schedule. Dishwasher safe, paper-free basket. Warranty
- CONS: One grind setting (medium); 10-cup is based on a 5oz “cup” so it’s 50oz total.
Best Coffee Maker for Ultralight Camping or Bikepacking
- Brand: GSI
- PROS: Lightweight, tiny, and super-effective. I’ve had one of these banging around in my camping mess kit for a few years and it’s good as new. This is an indispensable addition for anyone’s basic camping, off-grid, bikepacking, traveling kit. Die hards may suggest just using a sock, but a pro will have the best coffee maker available and know the precise weight of it.
- CONS: It’s a little tricky figuring out the perfect grind, how much ground coffee and pouring needs to be done with care. Too coarse and the water will rush out, too fine and you’ll be waiting ages for your cup of joe.
Best Pourover Coffee Maker
- Brand: BODUM
- PROS: Bodum looks nice AND it’s UNDER $20! No paper filters. This is a simple, timeless coffee maker.
- CONS: Glass breaks. Be careful.
Best French Press Coffee Pot
- Brand: Mueller
- PROS: Simple, Insulated, Large enough for 2-people, Easy to clean, easy to replace parts, durable, makes strong coffee. This is my personal favorite of ALL the best coffee makers for 2020 (or any year).
- CONS: French Press only, still need to heat water, polishing is necessary if you want this to shine/look really clean after a few uses (shows fingerprints,smudges, etc)
- Check our our Best French Press Ratios tutorial
Best Budget Drip Coffee Maker
- Brand: Amazon Basics
- PROS: Cheap, Easy, and Well-reviewed coffee maker
- CONS: It tells the world you don’t really give a shit about coffee 🙂 NOT dishwasher safe (carafe).