Long ago, having a coffee maker at home was a luxury. Today, it’s a necessity. Many people have found the convenience of owning a coffee maker at home. Not only does it allow you to get unlimited refills of coffee but you get to LOVE what you brew and drink because you have ground beans just as you programmed and can take pride in your personal recipe.
There’s an old saying that if you give a man a fish, you’ll feed him for a day but if you teach a man how to fish, you’ll feed him for a lifetime. The same thing applies to buying a coffee maker:
Buy an expensive espresso from your favorite cafe and you’ll get a boost for a day. Buy a coffee maker and enjoy cups and cups of coffee anytime.BigCupofCoffee.com
Wouldn’t it be much better to buy a coffee machine with a grinder?
Now that you’re looking for the best coffee maker with a grinder, you’ll need to decide whether or not to replace your old one. Maybe you can sell your old one? We have prepared a valuable list of coffee makers with a grinder that you’ll want to know about BEFORE you add anything to your cart.
Best Coffee Makers with a Grinder in 2024
Please note that ALL of the following items use burr grinders rather than the less effective blade grinder found in less expensive machines. If you’d like to learn more about the blade grinder, check out our best grinders guide. Also, many of the products solve the problem of keeping coffee hot, thus they DO NOT have a hot plate.
- less than $100: $
- $100-300: $$
- $300+: $$$
- $400+: $$$$
- $500+: $$$$$
Here is a list comparing the coffee makers, followed by their details:
|De’Longhi Magnifica Evo – Editor’s Pick
|Best overall. Luxury espresso/coffee machine with milk frother and Tubeless System for instant coffee grinding.
|Variety of coffee types, use of whole or pre-ground beans, adjustable quantity of espresso, includes cup warmer and removable drip tray.
|Loud operation, some non-premium external parts.
|15-bar pump pressure, 5 coffee strength settings, ThermoBlock technology, programmable descaling/cleaning/rinsing system, 1 or 2 cup selector, coffee bean capacity of 8.8 oz.
|4.2 out of 5.0 stars
|Cuisinart Automatic Grindd & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker
|Best budget. Stainless steel grind and brew coffee maker. Fully programmable.
|Stainless steel design, programmable with scheduling option, can brew up to 10 cups at once, “grind off” mechanism for pre-ground coffee use.
|Low heat retention of carafe.
|Water tank cover with release button, 6 buttons for different settings, gold-tone permanent filter, brew-pause mechanism, double-wall insulated thermal carafe, charcoal water filter.
|3.9 out of 5.0 stars
|KRUPS 10-Cup Grind & Brew
|Coffee maker with 5-setting conical burr grinder. Programmable settings.
|Can grind and brew 10 cups of coffee, 5 grind settings, programmable before and after brew cycle.
|Inconsistent coffee strength, small bean hopper.
|Cup grinding selector, before and after brew cycle are programmable, pause and serve functions.
|3.4 out of 5.0 stars
|Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup with Conical Burr Grinder
|Compact coffee machine with built-in conical burr grinder. Programmable.
|Compact, space-saving design, innovative direct-feed technology, adjustable amount of coffee to be brewed.
|Cleaning the grinder chute and GoldTone can be tricky.
|Stainless steel thermal carafe, 5 bean quality settings, programmable to 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups, charcoal water filtration system.
|3.5 out of 5.0 Stars
|Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine
|Versatile super-automatic espresso machine with built-in ceramic burr grinder and bypass doser.
|Versatile, built-in ceramic burr grinder with bypass doser, Pannarello steam wand, rapid steam mechanism.
|Small water tank, limited bean hopper capacity.
|Has hopper and bypass dosser, milk frother, removable brew group parts, Brera Adapting technology, dedicated buttons.
|3.9 out of 5.0 stars
|Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker
|Space-saving coffee maker with real-time monitoring system. Programmable.
|Compact size, large bean hopper, real-time monitoring system, pre-brew temperature control.
|Messy carafe, hard-to-clean grind chute and filter basket.
|Automatic coffee maker with burr grinder, bean hopper capacity of ½ lbs, removable drip tray, not compatible with distilled and reverse osmosis water.
|3.7 out of 5.0 stars
|BLACK+DECKER Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
|Stylish coffee maker with QuickTouch programming panel.
|Customizable brew strength and brew time settings.
|Low heat retention.
|QuickTouch programming panel for adjusting brew strength and time settings.
|4.0 out of 5.0 stars
1. De’Longhi Magnifica Evo – Best Overall
Looking for a coffee maker with a grinder and a milk frother? De’Longhi offers one of its luxury espresso/coffee machines with a milk frother in the guise of De’Longhi Magnifica Evo. It might be a bit heavy on the budget. But you will always get more than what you pay for.
With Magnifica Evo you can be your own barista at home. This coffee maker allows you to make espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos. Whether you like making coffee with whole beans or ground. The Magnifica doesn’t mind. Using the patented Tubeless System (TM), it will instantly grind your coffee beans before the brew cycle starts.
If you want to adjust the quantity of your espresso. You can select your preferred cup sizes from the control panel. This brewing machine also includes a cup warmer and a removable drip tray. So if you want to use a taller mug for your caramel macchiato, you can and it will fit right in to the super-automatic espresso and cappuccino machine.
- Automatic espresso machine and cappuccino maker with a built-in burr grinder
- Originated from Treviso, Italy: De’Longhi
- A high-end coffee machine with lots of features
- Electric 15-bar pump pressure
- Patented cappuccino system frother that enables mixing of steam and milk to create froth
- Programmable settings, including the 5 coffee strength settings
- Direct-to-Brew System
- ThermoBlock technology for an equal heating distribution
- Programmable descaling, cleaning, and rinsing system
- Energy-saving grind brew machine
- Removable drip tray and water reservoir for ease of cleaning
- 1 or 2 cup selector
- Coffee bean capacity of 8.8 oz
- Best used with Illy cafe espresso for a better-tasting cuppa
- Amazon Ratings: 4.2 out of 5.0 stars
2. Cuisinart AUTOMATIC GRIND & BREW THERMAL™ COFFEEMAKER (10-cup) – Best Budget
Made from stainless steel, the Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker complements any modern kitchen. It measures 9.80 x 12.00 x 17.50 which makes it a compact machine that you can place on kitchen countertops or in cabinets.
Fully programmable, this is a good machine for your “wake up” coffee and allows you to schedule the grinding and brewing of coffee. This deluxe model can make up to 10 cups of coffee in one cycle. While the stainless steel thermal carafe keeps the coffee warm.
This Cuisinart machine also has a “grind off” mechanism so you can turn off the grinder if the pre-ground is currently being used to brew the coffee. Likewise, it has a separate grinding mechanism and filter chamber to ease the adding and removing of grounds.
To brew just a few cups of coffee, you can adjust the settings and select the number of cups of coffee you want to make. Furthermore, it has a gold-tone commercial-style permanent filter and a charcoal filter. This charcoal filter helps remove any impurities from the water used.
- Automatic brew coffee machine with a built-in grinder.
- Originated from Stamford, Connecticut: Cuisinart
- Water tank cover has a release button for easy filling of water
- Includes showerhead for even distribution of water over the coffee. It is to prevent temperature loss that passes through the grounds
- 6 buttons for different settings: power button, 1-4 cup selection, “grind off” button, hour and minutes buttons, and program button (to start grinding and brewing.
- Gold-tone permanent filter is dishwasher-safe
- Filter basket door and release button
- Brew-pause mechanism where the machine stops the flowing of coffee if the carafe is removed from the hot plate
- Double-wall, insulated thermal carafe that can hold up to 10 cups of coffee
- Charcoal water filter installed
- Shuts off when the brewing is complete.
- Amazon Ratings: 3.9 out of 5.0 stars
- Costs less than $100
3. KRUPS 10-Cup Grind & Brew
KRUPS allows you to grind and brew 10 cups of coffee with its 5-setting conical burr grinder. With its built-in burr grinder, you can choose the types of grounds you can brew. Coarse to fine? No worries! Krups will grind and brew it for you. You can even choose the brew strength from its 3 flavor options.
It has a control panel in a crystal-clear LCD display that allows you to program the schedule of the brew cycle. You can program the after-brew cycle of the machine to keep your coffee warm. Aside from that, you can choose how many cups should the espresso machine brew with its 2-10 cup grinding selector.
With KRUPS grind & brew, you can pause the brewing cycle and get a precise pour for your cup. It’s a pretty neat espresso machine as it has a curved spout located at the carafe. It is to ensure that it will be drip-free as you pour the coffee to the last drop.
- Automatic coffee maker with a burr grinder
- Originated from Solingen, Germany: KRUPS
- Cup grinding selector that allows you to customize the quantity of freshly brewed coffee
- 5 grind settings that make you choose the intensity of the brew (coarse to fine)
- Choose the brew strength (mild, medium, and strong)
- Before and after the brew cycle are programmable and scheduled (2 hours keep warm feature)
- Pause and serve functions so you can drink coffee even during the brew cycle
- Gold-tone filter is removable for easy cleaning
- Control settings are adjustable through the crystal-clear LCD display
- Amazon Ratings: 3.4 out of 5.0 stars
4. Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup with Conical Burr Grinder
The Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS is a compact space-saving coffee machine with a built-in conical burr grinder. A pot of coffee brewed with this machine can produce up to 10 cups of coffee. Each cup guarantees freshness as it brews coffee right after it grinds the coffee bean in a touch of the button.
It doesn’t need messy paper filters but cleaning the grinder chute and Gold Tone filter can be tricky.
But when it comes to convenience, you can attend to other chores you need to finish for the day as this coffee maker is programmable – from grinding the beans to brewing delicious coffee.
- Automatic coffee maker with a built-in conical burr grinder
- Originated from Switzerland, Company Founded in the USA: Capresso
- Stainless steel thermal carafe to maintain the temperature of the coffee for hours
- Innovative direct-feed technology where the coffee filter holder is inside while the grinding of beans is on-going.
- 6 oz coffee bean container attached at the top back corner
- Amount of coffee can be programmable to 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups with options on the strength of coffee you prefer (mild, regular, strong)
- 5 bean quality settings for light to dark beans
- The see-through cover is detachable for coffee bean monitoring and ease of cleaning.
- The CoffeeTeam TS schedules when to grind and brew with its AM/PM programmable clock/timer settings
- Charcoal water filtration system helps remove 82% of chlorine and other impurities from the water used in brewing.
- Drip-Stop and Stop-Serve mechanism that allows you to remove the thermal carafe while the machine is brewing.
- Amazon ratings: 3.5 out of 5.0 Stars
5. Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine (Silver)
This super-automatic espresso machine measures 12.4” H x 10” W x 17.5” D. It is capable of making espresso and cappuccino drinks. It’s a versatile coffee maker with grinder as it has a built-in ceramic burr grinder and bypass doser. This grinder and doser allow you to brew pre-ground or whole coffee beans of your choice.
Aside from brewing the best coffee from a compact machine. You can use the Pannarello steam wand to create a rich foam for specialty beverages. With this wand, you can steam and foam pressurized milk to your preferred smoothness and thickness. A matter of fact, it has a rapid steam mechanism that heats up the steam temperature in 10 seconds.
- Super-automatic espresso machine with a built-in ceramic burr grinder and bypass doser
- Originated from Montano, Italy: Gaggia
- Has hopper and bypass dosser to grind and brew pre ground and whole coffee beans
- Milk frother (Pannarello Steam Wand) to create rich foam for frappes and lattes
- Brew group parts are removable for ease of cleaning and rinsing
- Water tank and dreg drawers are accessible through the front-loaded drawers
- Brera Adapting technology which adjusts the espresso machine’s settings according to the user’s bean preference
- Stainless steel front panels that are easy to clean
- Dedicated buttons for specific functions while the LCD screen displays the list of drinks you can create with the machine.
- 1-year warranty
- Amazon Ratings: 3.9 out of 5.0 stars
6. Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker (BDC650BSS)
If you’re on a tighter budget but want to add another Breville appliance in your kitchen. The Grind Control Coffee Maker is a perfect choice. It measures 12.5 x 8.5 x 16.3 in. and weighs 16 lbs. With its size, it won’t require much space in your kitchen.
One of the redeeming features of the BDC650BSS in brushed stainless steel is its bean hopper capacity. It can hold up to ½ lbs of the coffee bean and comes with a locking system that allows easy removal, storage, and transfer.
With such bean capacity, no wonder that this grind and brew coffee machine can make up to 12 cups of coffee in one cycle. Its drip tray is removable which allows tall mugs and travel cups to fit in the machine
Aside from the chic stainless steel design. It also has a real-time monitoring system flashed in the LCD display. This system helps you check the water level in the reservoir, the grind size, the strength selection, as well as the grinding and brewing time.
Regardless of the temperature of the water, you can start to brew your coffee. Its pre-brew temperature control brings the water to an ideal temperature before brewing. You can program the grind and brew cycle anytime you want.
- Automatic coffee maker with a burr grinder that features 6 settings for optimal grinding
- Originated from Sydney, Australia: Breville
- Bean hopper capacity can hold up to ½ lbs of coffee beans
- Bean hopper is detachable for storage and cleaning purposes
- Real-time monitoring system on grind and brew cycle, grind size and strength selection
- The water tank can hold as much as 60 oz and observable through the LCD display
- Removable drip tray
- Pre-brew temperature control to meet the ideal water temperature for brewing
- Not compatible with distilled and reverse osmosis water
- Compatible with gold-tone filters and paper filters
- Amazon Ratings: 3.7 out of 5.0 stars
7. BLACK+DECKER Mill and Brew Coffeemaker (12-Cup, CM5000B)
The black CM5000B by Black+Decker is a stylish coffee maker that allows you to enjoy your coffee mild or strong. To operate this brew coffee maker, tap the QuickTouch programming panel that helps you adjust the brew strength and brew time settings. If you’re in a hurry and have no time to think about the coffee combinations, you can opt for the auto brew feature.
This brew coffee maker is cost-savvy when it comes to filters because it has a bronze tone permanent filter. While you will find this filter attached to the integrated grinder, both are removable for ease of cleaning.
It also comes with a Duralife glass carafe that can hold up to 12* cups of coffee. But if you want to grab a quick boost, use the Sneak-a-Cup feature. This feature stops the flow of coffee temporarily so you can pour some for your cuppa before the brewing ends.
- Automatic coffee maker with a built-in grinder
- Originated from Baltimore, Maryland: Black+Decker
- Whole beans are ground quickly;
- Grinder can be “turned off” for normal brewing of pre-ground beans
- Custom brewing selector (regular, bold, strong)
- Programmable auto-brew feature for the next grind-brew cycle
- Bronze tone permanent filters attached in the integrated grinder- both are removable
- Duralife glass carafe can hold up to 12* cups of coffee servings and keeps the coffee warm for hours
- Sneak-a-cup feature that allows you to pause the brewing cycle and get the first cup serving
- Removable basket filter is dishwasher-safe
- Amazon Ratings: 4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Integrated grinder + coffee maker buying guide
Are you getting exactly what you pay for? It’s time to know if your next buy is worth the risk through the following considerations to take before you click “checkout” for that coffee maker with a grinder you’ve just added to the cart.
What to Consider in Buying a Coffee Maker with Grinder
Here are some of the criteria worth considering before you buy that fully programmable coffee machine with a grinder you’ve spotted on our list.
- Durability: Can it handle frequent grinding and brewing? Aside from the manufacturer, the grind and brew technology installed and the materials used to build the coffee machine are important. Another thing to consider is the frequency of its use. Some days you’ll be making coffee for yourself, but what about on those days when there’s a big crowd to serve? Can it handle the sudden rise in quantity?
- Grinder Capacity: When you buy a coffee machine with a grinder, keep in mind that the grinder may not function as optimal as coffee grinders alone. A large coffee grinder capacity does not always guarantee great-tasting coffee. If you’re buying this machine for yourself, grinders with smaller capacities are a good choice. But if you will be making coffee for several people it’s better to consider a larger grinder capacity.
- Speed of Grinding: Each coffee machine with built-in grinders has a distinct type of grinder and motor installed. You should, therefore, be aware that just because the motor rotates faster or has an impressive name it equates to a delicious morning joe. That’s now how things work! In short, high-speed motors in grinders can affect the taste and aroma of the coffee. But if you still prefer a high-speed grinder on your coffee machine. Look for those with gear reduction. It can help preserve the taste and aroma of the coffee in high-speed grinding.
- Water Storage: The amount of coffee that you can enjoy and serve depends on the water storage capacity of the machine. If you will be using the machine for yourself. You can save a lot of kitchen space from machines with not-so-bulky builds. The same idea goes for the amount of energy it will need to brew a coffee.
- User-Friendliness: The prime reason why you would want to buy a coffee maker with a burr or blade grinder is that you want to shorten the time of grinding and brewing. In this case, choose coffee makers with grinders with control settings that do not need too much programming. Tapping one, two, or three buttons should be enough to make grinding and brewing your cuppa easier.
- Ease of Cleaning: The cleanliness of your coffee machine, especially those removable parts that come in contact with the coffee, is important. But, cleaning it should not be as tedious as disassembling your coffee machine. Opt for coffee makers with removable parts that are dishwasher-safe.
- Ease of Storage: Buying a grind/brew coffee machine is a wise choice for decluttering your kitchen. But it would be much better if the coffee machine can fit snugly in clean and easy to reach storage or cabinets.
- Ease of Maintenance: Most coffee makers with bean hoppers come with removable and replaceable parts. Yet, not all are manufactured in the US. So if you’re going to buy a coffee machine with a bean hopper, try checking out Amazon.com if the detachable parts are available. You will never know when you’ll need an extra part.
- Energy Saving: Since two machines fused into one to make freshly ground coffee, it will definitely need a lot of energy to function properly. Don’t be discouraged. There’s always a good coffee maker with grind control that requires not much energy to grind and brew a delicious coffee.
- Warranty: Warranties allow you to get free repairs from manufacturers in case of malfunction within a specific period of time. Other cases include the replacement of the product (but that depends on the terms and conditions of the company). Knowing that your machine has a warranty proves how much the manufacturer cares about their products and services.
These are some of the considerations to think about before you check out the item. The price of the product does not always guarantee high quality; Neither does the name of the manufacturer. So whenever you shop for appliances, know that It’s okay to step back in the meantime to think carefully about your purchases. Always aim for what you can gain for the price you will pay.
Our Verdict: Best Coffee Maker with a Grinder
The list of the best coffee makers with a grinder that we gathered gave us insightful things we can incorporate in grinding and brewing delicious coffee.
Have you decided what coffee maker to buy? Do you already own any of the products listed? Tell us about your grinding and brewing experience with any of the machines above by commenting below.
Check out the Best Coffee Beans of 2024 for your new coffee maker with a grinder! If you want to go traditional, here’s our list of the best manual burr grinders which includes the Comandante C40 MK4, Timemore Slim Plus, and 1Zpresso JX Pro just to name a few.