There’s nothing like a freshly brewed cup of gingerbread coffee to help you get into the holiday spirit.
Here is a timeless recipe to enjoy this spiced coffee during the holidays, or any time of the year you’re yearning for that Christmas mood.
What Is Gingerbread Coffee?
Gingerbread coffee is a caffeinated beverage flavored with gingerbread spices. These aromatic spices include nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. The drink is typically made with brewed coffee but can also be made with shots of espresso or instant coffee, and you may add sugar or a sweetener. It is often garnished with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
How to Make Gingerbread Coffee
There are two Gingerbread coffee recipes that we make at home. Both are yummy, and the preparation process alone puts you in a great mood due to the release of their spicy scents.
The 1st is more complex, the 2nd is easier to prepare.
And remember, these soothing beverages also pair well with your favorite holiday snacks, like cinnamon rolls or gingerbread cookies.
Recipe 2: Brew-in Method
You can also use this alternative, simpler method of making Gingerbread Coffee:
With this one, you will mix your spices with the ground coffee BEFORE brewing in a drip coffee maker.
- Place your coffee grounds in the coffee maker as usual.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves on the coffee grounds.
- Brew your coffee as usual.
- Add molasses and half-and-half to your coffee to sweeten it, and your gingerbread coffee is ready. You can add some whipped cream and cloves or gingerbread cookie crumbs.
What Kind of Cup Should You Use to Serve Homemade Gingerbread Coffee?
You should serve your delicious gingerbread coffee in a clear glass mug. You will see the layers of coffee and whipped cream, a treat for the eyes.
However, you can also serve this beverage in a classic mug, ceramic mug, or travel tumbler. If you are a slow drinker, you can opt for double-walled glass mugs, as these are better suited to insulate your drink.
Tips for the Best Gingerbread Coffee
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect gingerbread coffee:
- Prepare more servings of gingerbread spice in advance, store it appropriately, and use it whenever you feel like making gingerbread spiced coffee.
- To achieve a more fanciful presentation, dip the mug rim in gingerbread syrup, then dip it in crushed gingerbread cookies before starting the process.
- If you use too much spice and find out that your flavors are too intense, you can add more creamer.
- You can add some collagen to your milk for a nutritional boost before you froth.
- You don’t have to stick to a particular kind of creamer. Almond milk, skim milk, coconut milk, half and half, etc… however you like your coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gingerbread coffee is a fantastic beverage treat to enjoy during the fall and winter. It contains my favorite holiday spices and is perfect for drinking by the fireplace or you Christmas tree.
Enjoy your gingerbread coffee with tasty holiday snacks like gingerbread cookies. If you have a drip coffee maker, use it to make this delicious recipe. Also, if you opt for a prepackaged gingerbread mix, pay attention to its content to ensure you buy a quality product without flour.
Indulge in my recipes above, and feel free to experiment with them to make your perfect brew. Please let me know how it goes below!